Hearing clinics in Nova Scotia
We found 22 hearing aid centres located in or near 18 cities in Nova Scotia, including 6 clinics providing telehealth services-->. Please use the quick links to search for clinics in your province.
Resources in Nova Scotia
Hearing aid coverage in Nova Scotia
Nova Scotia uniquely has an Affordable Hearing Aids for Seniors Act to provide hearing aid financial assistance to its residents who are 65 and older and low-income (less than $21,000 household income or less than $18,000 if you are single.)
If you meet these requirements and have a permanent hearing loss, 75% of your hearing aid costs will be covered up to a maximum of $500 per hearing aid. This assistance is provided every five years if you are insured.
You could also apply to the Dalhousie Hearing Aid Assistance Program (DHAAP) which provides donated hearing aids to Nova Scotian seniors who cannot afford them and have no other means of financial assistance.
Additional hearing care resources in Nova Scotia:
- Worker's Compensation Board of Nova Scotia (WCB): assists Nova Scotia workers with occupational health and safety information for hearing health at work, including wage-loss benefits, medical coverage and support for work-related injury or illness.
- Department of Community Services: assists people with disabilities or in financial need.
- Interpreting and intervenor services for people who are Deaf, hard of hearing or Deaf-Blind.
Be sure to check out these great articles as well:
- Paying for hearing aids: What's included in the price of hearing aids and FAQ's before purchasing.
- Which hearing aid is right for me? Information on today's hearing aid technology and different types and styles available on the market.
- Protecting your hearing: Learn about noise-induced hearing loss and prevention tips.
Cities in Nova Scotia
Select a city below for a listing of hearing centres that offer in-person care provided by an audiologist or hearing aid specialist.