Hearing clinics in Yukon
We found 0 hearing aid centres located in Yukon.
Resources in Yukon
Hearing aid coverage in Yukon
Children under 16 years of age in the Chronic Disease and Disability Benefits Program can receive financial assistance for the purchase and repair of hearing aids if they have a permanent hearing loss. In this case, your doctor must apply to the program for you. Wait until your funding is approved before purchasing a hearing aid.
Yukon seniors aged 65 and up who are registered with the Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan can receive hearing aid coverage through its Pharmacare benefits. You should purchase your hearing aid, and then submit your claim to be reimbursed.
However, if you have coverage through an employer or third-party insurer, submit your claim to these insurance providers first. Pharmacare support is a last resort.
Under Pharmacare, you can receive cost-sharing hearing aid coverage, or 100% coverage if it is your only option.
This coverage includes one hearing aid every four years, and repairs and adjustments with a 12-month warranty.
Hearing aid batteries are not covered under Pharmacare.
If you are a Yukon senior wanting to apply for this benefit, visit Yukon.ca.
Additional hearing care resources in Yukon
- Yukon Health Care Insurance Plan: assistance for seniors on Pharmacare to help pay for hearing aids.
- Yukon Workers' Compensation Health and Safety Board: assists Yukon workers with occupational health and safety information for hearing health at work, including wage-loss benefits, medical coverage and support for work-related injury or illness.
- Book an American Sign Language Interpreter: interpreting and intervenor services for people who are Deaf or hard of hearing.
Be sure to check out these great articles as well:
- Paying for hearing aids: What's included in the price of hearing aids and FAQ's before purchasing.
- Which hearing aid is right for me? Information on today's hearing aid technology and different types and styles available on the market.
- Protecting your hearing: Learn about noise-induced hearing loss and prevention tips.