Hearing clinics in Saskatchewan
We found 16 hearing aid centres located in or near 9 cities in Saskatchewan, including 1 mobile clinic. Please use the quick links to search for clinics in your province.
Resources in Saskatchewan
Hearing aid coverage in Saskatchewan
With a focus on low-income families, children can receive hearing aid coverage through the Family Health Benefits program. Call the Ministry of Social Services for more information and to see if your family qualifies.
Hearing aid coverage in Saskatchewan is also available through Supplementary Health Benefits for the following groups:
- Government wards
- Inmates in provincial institutions
- Residents in special care facilities who are eligible for the Senior’s Income Plan
- Those enrolled in Saskatchewan assured Income for Disability (SAID), Provincial Training Allowance (PTA) or Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS)
Upon prior approval from the Ministry of Health, you can receive coverage for hearing aids and other servicing costs such as hearing assessments and hearing aid maintenance.
Plus, if your hearing aids are lost or stolen, this benefit will help with 70% of the cost if you are over the age of 20. If you are 20 or under, the hearing aid replacement may be fully covered.
Contact the Saskatchewan Health Authority if you think you may qualify for this benefit.
Additional hearing care resources in Saskatchewan
- Supplementary Health Benefits: help pay for hearing tests and hearing aids for people with coverage for adults and children under supplementary and family health benefits.
- Saskatchewan Workers' Compensation Board (WCB): assists Saskatchewan workers with occupational health and safety information for hearing health at work, including wage-loss benefits, medical coverage and support for work-related injury or illness.
- Saskatchewan Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services: provide interpreting, intervenor and communication services for people who are Deaf, Deafened or Hard of Hearing.
Be sure to check out these great articles as well:
- Paying for hearing aids: What's included in the price of hearing aids and FAQ's before purchasing.
- Which hearing aid is right for me? Information on today's hearing aid technology and different types and styles available on the market.
- Protecting your hearing: Learn about noise-induced hearing loss and prevention tips.
Mobile hearing clinics
Mobile hearing clinics offer a wide variety of hearing healthcare services by audiologists and hearing aid specialists. These clinicians travel to your home or to a convenient site in your area, such as a senior centre.