Hearing clinics in Prince Edward Island
We found 4 hearing aid centres located in or near 2 cities in Prince Edward Island.
Resources in Prince Edward Island
Hearing aid coverage in Prince Edward Island
The Hear, Hear PEI program provides donated hearing aids to low-income PEI residents with hearing loss. Upon applying, you will be put on a waiting list if you are eligible; hearing aids are given on a first come, first serve basis.
If you are approved, you will be required to pay a $100, non-refundable administrative fee when you fit your hearing aid.
This opportunity won’t include any future repairs, adjustments, batteries, or other servicing fees.
Alternatively, there is the Accessibility Support Program if your hearing loss is 50 decibels or more. The amount of financial assistance you’d receive is based on your income so the ultimate price can vary.
Additional hearing care resources in PEI:
- Workers Compensation Board of PEI: assists PEI workers with occupational health and safety information for hearing health at work, including wage-loss benefits, medical coverage and support for work-related injury or illness.
- Atlantic Province Special Education Authorirty (APSEA): provides interpreting services for children & youth who are Deaf, hard of hearing/blind or visually impaired.
Be sure to check out these great articles as well:
- Paying for hearing aids: What's included in the price of hearing aids and FAQ's before purchasing.
- Which hearing aid is right for me? Information on today's hearing aid technology and different types and styles available on the market.
- Protecting your hearing: Learn about noise-induced hearing loss and prevention tips.