Hearing clinics in Newfoundland and Labrador
We found 4 hearing aid centres located in or near 2 cities in Newfoundland and Labrador, including 1 mobile clinic. Please use the quick links to search for clinics in your province.
Resources in Newfoundland and Labrador
Hearing aid coverage in Newfoundland and Labrador
Newfoundland’s Provincial Hearing Aid Program (PHAP) provides hearing aid funding for all children under the age of 18 and full-time secondary students.
Low-income residents can also apply for PHAP for hearing aid coverage.
Note: To be reimburse, you must be approved for the program before purchasing your hearing aids to be reimbursed.
Additional hearing care resources in Newfoundland and Labrador:
- WorkplaceNL: assists Newfoundland and Labrador workers with occupational health and safety information for hearing health at work, including wage-loss benefits, medical coverage and support for work-related injury or illness.
- Newfoundland and Labrador Association of the Deaf (NLAD): protects and promotes the rights, needs and concerns of Deaf, hard of hearing or those who communicate in American Sign Language (ASL) and provides TTY's and other communication devices.
Be sure to check out these great articles as well:
- Paying for hearing aids: What's included in the price of hearing aids and FAQ's before purchasing.
- Which hearing aid is right for me? Information on today's hearing aid technology and different types and styles available on the market.
- Protecting your hearing: Learn about noise-induced hearing loss and prevention tips.
Mobile hearing clinics
Mobile hearing clinics offer a wide variety of hearing healthcare services by audiologists and hearing aid specialists. These clinicians travel to your home or to a convenient site in your area, such as a senior centre.