Mark Hansen began his Audiology career working with children at a Children’s Treatment Centre in Ontario. He opened Sound Hearing Clinic in British Columbia 1995. Mark earned an undergraduate degree in Speech Language Pathology and a Master of Science degree in audiology from Minot State University. He later obtained a Doctor of Audiology degree from A.T. Still University Arizona School of Health Sciences. He is a Clinical Instructor with the Faculty of Medicine at UBC and has taught both introductory and advanced amplification courses at UBC.
Mark is certified by the Canadian Association of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Audiology. He is a Past President of the British Columbia Association of Speech Language Pathology and Audiology (BCASLPA). He was a member on the founding Board of the College of Speech and Hearing Health Professionals of BC (CSHHPBC) and currently sits on several committees of the CSHHPBC.
About this hearing center
At Sound Hearing Clinic, we offer a full-spectrum of audiological services for everyone. Each of our hearing professionals is committed to the pursuit of unparalleled client satisfaction, effective analysis and diagnosis of your hearing loss, and customized solutions that effectively integrate speech and comprehension back into your life.
We are located on Burrard Street in Vancouver, across from St. Paul's Hospital.
Hearing care services
- Complete hearing test and assessment
- Best in quality hearing instruments
- Tinnitus evaluations
- Aural rehabilitation program (LACE)
- Hearing aid service and repair
- Loaner hearing instruments
- Hearing aid accessories
- Batteries and supplies
- Assistive listening devices
- Cerumen (earwax) removal
- Custom hearing protection (including musician ear plugs)
- Outreach services to British Columbia's central and north coast
- Payment plan as needed
- Third party provider for federal and provincial programs
|Monday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
Accepted forms of payment
- Financing available for those who qualify
- Insurance accepted, please call for details